Thursday, January 21, 2021

Day 21: He was a great nature lover, and in this symphony, he paints a musical picture of a day in the country. --Deems Taylor

He was a great nature lover, and in this symphony, he paints a musical picture of a day in the country. --Deems Taylor
 
This quote comes to us when Deems is introducing Beethoven's "The Pastoral". Deems talks about the liberties Walt Disney's Animators took with the symphony, changing the countryside setting Beethoven wrote about to that of Mt. Olympus.

Before I started this week's quotes, all I knew of Beethoven was that he was a classical composer who went deaf later in life and his scores are some of the best known and prettiest in the world. I had no idea he enjoyed going out into the Austrian fields outside Vienna to decompress from the pressures of living in the city. 

Nature is all around us. Even in the city, it's there, though not as grand as being out in the open countryside. Do you know of any nature lovers or are you one yourself? Where do you or they love to relax and go? I myself am a nature lover who lives in the big city. I love hearing the different birds, seeing the big blue sky, seeing pictures in the sky, smelling the rain when it is near, the rustle of trees swaying in the wind. I'll admit it is extremely hard to find nature in the busy city sometimes, but it's there. Yet there's something about going into the countryside that is so relaxing and freeing that the hustle and bustle of a big city doesn't have. If you've never had the chance to experience going out to the country or up in the mountains as a way to relax or just enjoy nature, I highly recommend doing so. I know of at least 3 or 4 places off the top of my head that are perfect. Pictures never do the mountains or countryside justice. It's best seen and experienced in person.

So until next time, enjoy nature in all its forms and as always Keep Cooking with Character! 

No comments:

Post a Comment