Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Day 1: "If you focus on what you've left behind...."-Gusteau

"If you focus on what you've left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead."
    -- Auguste Gusteau, Ratatouille

To kick off my year-long project of 365 Animated Disney Quotes, I've chosen this gem from Pixar's 2007 film "Ratatouille". I'm including Pixar films as well since they are now owned by Disney. The start of a new year falls on January 1st for a majority of the world. It's a time for new beginnings and great starts. No matter how bad the prior year was, January 1st always seems to give people hope that the next (new) year will be even better than the last. Yet for somee, they have a hard time letting things go, they don't get the chance to see that there is something better in store in front of them. 
2016 was a rough year for me and my family. I won't lie there and I did get stuck in a rut wishing for the way things used to be and for things I used to have because they were super easy for me or they gave me a sense of security and comfort, two things I love to experience. Little did I realize, all that time I spent wasting on wishing for the old easy ways kept me from seeing the grand new adventure I really was on and still am on. Is this grand new adventure as easy as I have had it in the past? Not even close! Yet it is teaching me things I never thought I could do or would do, like juggle multiple jobs plus school and blogging. If you had told me at the turn of the century when I graduated high school that I would have a blog of my own that has a possibility of becoming very successful through hard work, patience and perseverance 17 years later, I would have looked at you like you were more nuttier than a peanut covered fruitcake! I'm also learning how to be both resourceful and resilient and understand that it is ok to ask for help if you need it. I know that I have a lot of new good things in store and I can't wait to see what lies ahead!
Until next time! Keep Cooking with Character! 

No comments:

Post a Comment