Friday, October 7, 2016

Blaze Pizza: Build Your Own

  On October 3, 2016 I got my first taste of the new Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs. I was fascinated by the whole ordering process. For those unfamiliar, they give you a sit down dinner pager and get your name, both of which they put on the parchment sheet. Then they put the crust on the paper leaving your name, pizza style, and pager number visible. After putting the crust on they ask what style you want and mark it down. I got the Build Your Own kind. The next person asks which kind of chees. I got vegan. Then the next 3 people put on the meats and veggies. Each person was in charge of at least 6 choices. Then finally you pay for your order which the cashier tells you you'll be called soon and that it will take 180 seconds from the time it is placed in the oven to the time your name's called. By this time your pizza is either in the oven or just about to go in the huge pizza kiln oven. I'll do pictures of the interior soon. It was too dark to get really good pictures since I went about 8pm.
Now to the good stuff.. the food!

Yummy Beauty!!!

  I ordered this beauty which my picture does not do justice! It had the vegan Daiya mozzerella Cheeze, their classic red sauce, Italian sausage, pepperonis, red onions, green peppers and mushrooms. I was impressed the vegan cheeze was just as melty and cheesey as "real" cheese and tasted like a good mozzerella. The crust was cooked to perfection: just crispy enough yet not too crisp. The bell peppers and onions kept their crunch and was hot throughout and not the least bit slimy that sometimes happens when they are over cooked. I loved how they came out fire roasted so fast! The sausage crumbles were nice and juicy and meaty and the pepperonis were chewy and crispy at the same time, not the least bit leathery that sometimes happens when they are not cooked properly.  All the ingrediants were they used were extremely fresh, like they had been picked from the garden several hours before and not like the two to three day old veggie taste some of the other pizzas I've had in the past have tasted like.
The pizza size is a great amount for the price (especially since they did not upcharge for the vegan cheeze like other places like to do!). Its 10 inch diameter is definitly enough for a full meal or you could eat half and take home the rest for another meal. I must admit I ate it all in one sitting because I was that hungry. I cannot wait to try another combonation (which will get its own post!)! I had paired it with the Blood Orange Lemonade (which is another post for another time!).
The aroma coming from my pizza was a perfect blend of Pizza Harmony! No one smell overpowered the other. When it hit my nose and I tasted the mouth watering fresh pizza and heard the "symphony of crackle" of the the crisp outer edge of the crust, it was like a culnairy heaven-sent orchestra was playing. If you've ever seen Ratatouille, it was similar to when Remy realized how wonderful combining smells and taste were when he combined the strawberry and piece of cheese in his mouth at the same time. If you have that experiance with food, then you know it's the good stuff, which is what I love to eat and experiance. I'll review more combonations as I try them. So until then, keep checking back and keep cooking with character!

No comments:

Post a Comment