Sunday, May 10, 2020

Day 129: It is introspective, and I want to introspect.-- Sherlock Holmes

It is introspective, and I want to introspect.-- Sherlock Holmes, The Great Mouse Detective

As Basil, Dawson and Olivia make their way to see Toby, the great human detective, Sherlock Holmes is working on his own case. Sherlock comments on the music selection on the radio which gives him an idea of what to do next.

Have you ever wanted some quiet time to think? That's precisely what Sherlock was wanting when he said this quote. He was in the middle of his own case and needed to think on things.

A lot can be found when one takes the time to think. Yet it's hard to find a quiet moment to really think deeply about things. From technology like cellphones and computers, to work, even to our families of all shapes and sizes, distractions come from everywhere. That's why one has to make time and a location to have a place to think.

When I picked this particular quote, I thought it would be rather easy because I love to think about things and could go on about this quote. Yet when I looked up "introspective" and "wanting to introspect", I found it was much deeper than thinking about things. It's more along the lines of soul-searching as well as thinking about things. Introspective in a nutshell means to look inside for the truth of things. The biggest trick is to quiet your mind so you can see it. That's something I've not exactly figured out how to do. In time I might figure it out so we shall see!

So until next time, don't be afraid to get a little introspective perspective and Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment