Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day 132: I love a story with food in it.-- Einstein


I love a story with food in it.-- Einstein, Oliver and Company

This tasty gem comes to us when Oliver, Dodger and the rest of his band of street dogs settle in with their human, Fagin, for the night at Fagin's makeshift home. One of the dogs, a grey Great Dane, remarks on what story  Fagin would read them that night.

What kind of stories do you like to read? Perhaps you enjoy being read to. When I heard Einstein say this quote it really hit home because I too love a story with food in it. I also love stories with romance and just enough action with little to no death in it. I like to read books, preferably paperback, but I love to be read to more. There's just something about being read to that takes me back to my childhood. Since the invention of audiobooks, it makes for travelling and reading happen a lot easier, though I don't read as much as I used to. Yet the one thing that plagues me is my ability to comprehend things. If things are too wordy or use words I don't know, it makes it a lot harder for me to understand the story or the article, which is probably why I enjoy books with pictures a little bit more than without pictures. The pictures make it easier to understand what the writer is trying to convey, but at the same time without pictures and enough graphic words gives me the chance to make up how things look with my own imagination, which sometimes makes for an interesting read. There is a fine line between just enough pictures and not enough. Do you enjoy books with pictures or no pictures?

Until next time, enjoy your favorite books and Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment