Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Day 146: That's all I need, five more minutes.-- Wilbur

 That's all I need, five more minutes.-- Wilbur, The Rescuers Down Under

This gem comes to us when Miss Bianca tries to wake Wilbur the Albatross so they could continue their trip from New York City to Mugwomp Flats, Australia. He fell asleep on the "connection with a bigger bird", which was a plane to take them across the Pacific Ocean to the Sydney, Australia airport. He did not want to wake up but eventually did.

Do you wake up easily? Perhaps you're like me and need "5 more minutes" of sleep. Are you more of a morning person or a night owl? Do you need just 1 alarm to wake up or do you need several "wake up calls"?

I myself am a "5 more minutes" night owl. I cannot stand waking up early and function better later at night. I've always been that way ever since I was a little girl. I usually set about 5-10 alarms give or take and depending on how early I have to get up. If I have to wake up before 11a it's usually close to 10 alarms and I sleep through over half of them. If it's anything after noon usually 3-5 will work. If it's after 3p I can wake up naturally, though I'll set an alarm or two if I just need a post-lunch nap for whatever reason. I've also found that if I fall asleep too early I'll wake up an hour or two later then have a hard time getting back to sleep. Sometimes I will sleep for a majority of the day and I'll admit I've slept between 20-24 hours before. Usually I would battle my depression with sleep. Lately my sleep has been a mix of sleeping most of the day and having so much energy because my inner batteries have been fully recharged and I want and need to move and do things. Gotta love the "safer at home" orders!

Would you look at the time? I'm going to need another 5 more minutes if I don't get to sleep soon. So until next time, Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment