Monday, May 4, 2020

Time Flies and updates just keep coming!

Hey everyone!
Man has it been a while since I've been on here. A lot has changed since my last post, yet a lot has remained the same. Funny how life works. I've settled into my new place and am finally at a point where I can actually get back to blogging. I've made a promise to finish my DisneyQuotes365 project and I'm determined to keep it even if it takes me another year to finish. Thankfully we're far enough into the year that I can pick right up where I left off with Day 125 and The Great Mouse Detective! So look for a new post every day with a new quote. If the comments show enough an interest, I may just take it to my YouTube channel as well. I haven't quite decided yet.
Life sure does like to throw curve balls and make one see just how things change. Lately I've been given reminders of just how far I've come since last year when I was at a low point in my life, mostly thanks to Facebook's memories tab. It showed me just how much my true friends, blog and YouTube channel have helped keep me sane and hopeful the entire time I was in a very dark place. It also reminded me just how much I had missed blogging too. The memories popping up also came at a time when I needed to re-read them, thanks to having to be stuck at home because of COVID-19 since March 16th. My favorites usually surrounded the ones where a handsome red cardinal and his mate and the beautiful blue jay would come visit me as I blogged under the tree. They filled my heart with Joy when I would see them.
I will admit ever since the global shutdown courtesy of COVID-19 happened I've been dealing with an emotional roller coaster. I am one of the lucky ones who has not caught the nasty virus. However I'm not immune to the emotional toll of it. I have my good days and I have my bad days being stuck in the house. Some days I do almost nothing but sleep, waking only to eat, others I am busy cleaning, cooking or script writing. It's one extreme or the other. I have really no in-between. It's extremely hard not being able to do what you're used to, which for me is work full time (and on holidays) and use my days off to go to the Disney Parks. I look forward to the day when I get to go back and play/vlog. I have so many in-park video ideas and when things reopen not enough time to video it all in! Let's just say life went from The Piston Cup to Radiator Springs in less time than it takes Lightning McQueen to get there.
With all this newfound free-time, I've been learning new skills (like making homemade sushi) to trying new Disney recipes (courtesy of the DisneyParksBlog recipes Disney has generously provided) to coming up with cooking video ideas. I have all these great ideas that I hope to put into motion. Some will definitely take longer than others due to funding and Patrons. Others, I just need to get the courage to do. I have a backlog of videos I need to get edited but I sometimes find myself not editing them because it makes me extremely homesick for Disney, which overrides my great joy I have re-watching the videos. In time I will get those edited and posted. I cannot give a time frame since I do my editing on my phone and tablet. I do have a laptop, but it is not powerful enough to edit my videos. One day I will consolidate I swear! When that happens, I'll be able to post to YouTube on a more regular basis. I look forward to being able to post at least 1-2 new videos a month, if not more.
So until next time stay safe and as always Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment