Thursday, May 7, 2020

Day 126: Oh, but I know just the thing. Let me fetch you a pot of tea and some of my fresh cheese crumpets.-- Mrs. Judson

Oh, but I know just the thing. Let me fetch you a pot of tea and some of my fresh cheese crumpets.-- Mrs. Judson, The Great Mouse Detective

This yummy quote comes to us when Mrs. Judson tries to think of ways to warm up Olivia from the cold rainy day as they wait for Basil to return from one of his many detective cases.

Have you ever met someone who's first instinct to cheer someone up is with a hot drink and some good food? I myself am one of those people. I have to admit that hot pot of tea and fresh cheese crumpets do sound wonderful on a rainy day. It also reminds me of one of the quotes Mrs. Jenkins, John Rolfe's housekeeper, says in Pocahontas II: Journey to a new world. She says "I'll put on some tea." more than once throughout that sequel.

There's something about having a hot cup of tea or even a good cup of soup that warms the soul and sometimes helps cure what ails you. They're either great mood lifters or great sleep inducers. My favorite tea, chammomile with honey and lemon, does a great job of both. They don't kid when they say chicken noodle soup is good for the soul either. Canned works almost as well as homemade, though nothing beats homemade! Full tummies make for full hearts! I'll admit, I've never had cheese crumpets, but the way Mrs. Judson and Basil go on in the movie about them in that one scene and with how Toby loves to eat them when Olivia offers him some, I've always wanted to try them. One of these days I will or make them. Haven't quite decided if I want to record it or not if I make them. That's way up in the air. They won't be as good as Mrs. Judson's but hopefully I'll get close enough! They do look scrumptious! Just thinking about all that yummy food is making me hungry.

So until next time, always keep a pot of tea and crumpets near by and Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment