Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day 136: Wait 'til you taste this. It's a secret recipe I just invented.-- Jenny

 Wait 'til you taste this. It's a secret recipe I just invented.-- Jenny, Oliver and Company

This tasty gem comes to us when Jenny Foxworth, an adorable little girl who lives in the rich part of New York City, makes Oliver a meal. Since she didn't have any kitty kibble, only expensive dog kibble for her pet poodle Georgette, Jenny had to make some kitty kibble for the little kitten. Let's just say, it's not your typical kitty kibble and not the prettiest either.

Have you ever had to make something from a recipe? Perhaps you've had to take what you've got in your fridge and make something fully diffrent than what you had planned? Did it taste better than expected or worse? Have you ever had any kitchen mishaps? Were they easy to clean or hard? When you make a new recipe do you write it down or just remember it? Do you tell someone when they ask how it's made or do you not tell anyone and leave it a "secret recipe"?

I can safely say that I've created more than my fair share of "from recipes", "twisted recipes", "secret recipes" and kitchen mishaps over the years.  I've made some pretty tasty concoctions, some not quite so much. The most recent "twisted recipe" was making the beignets with the recipe Disney recently dropped and had to use baking powder instead of active dry yeast because there was none to be had for over a month! It created a yummy beignet, but not as pillowy soft as I'm used to when I eat them from Sassgagoula's at Port Orleans Riverside. My worst mishap was when I was a teen wanting some Velveeta-Rotel dip. The moral of a long story short: Cut the brick of Velveeta before you put it in the microwave if you don't want it to blow up and seal the microwave from the inside. Yet for all the mishaps and less-than-edible dishes, I've always loved being in the kitchen. It's also the one place where I don't get discouraged because I know that magic tends to happen in the kitchen: happy tummies and happy hearts.

So until next time, don't be afraid to make up "secret recipes" and as always Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment