Monday, May 25, 2020

Day 144: Les Poissons


Les Poissons
sung by "Chef Louis" Rene Aubujernois
in The Little Mermaid

This song comes to us when the chef makes dinner for Ariel and Eric on her first night in his castle. Hilarity ensues when he finds Sebastian hiding under a lettuce leaf.

Out of all the songs, this one is one of my favorite. It's also fairly fitting for my blog because I love to cook. If you look carefully you can see he shows how to make fried fish and stuffed crabs in a hilarious manner. It also shows you what not to do: put your hand on a hot stove and grabbing a block full of knives to kill a very fast crab. Sebastian does his best to get away and gives us a good laugh.

I've always wondered what it would be like to taste stuffed crab. Sadly I can't eat crab or shellfish thanks to a food allergy. I'm also very careful with the fish to be safe. I can only imagine what stuffed crab taste like. I've had some pretty tasty fish and chips made from North Atlantic Cod locally and the best fried halibut in Whittier, Alaska. Luckily there's a lot of recipes online for fried fish here and stuffed crab here. I've not tried them for obvious reasons. I'd love to hear your favorite fried fish and stuffed crab recipes to pass onto my readers!

So until next time, watch your temper in the kitchen and Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment