Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 151: Oh my gosh! I hope I know what I'm doing!-- Bernard

Oh my gosh! I hope I know what I'm doing!-- Bernard, The Rescuers Down Under

This comes to us when Bernard gets a crazy idea to help Cody, Marahute, Miss Bianca and Jake. Bernard is normally one who does not go out on a limb or his comfort zone to do anything.

Normally for this Saturday's post there would be a song. However, The Rescuers Down Under has no lyrical songs, only the score, even on the soundtrack. The 3 songs on the soundtrack are actually from the 1977 The Rescuers. So I picked this rather fitting quote.

Have you ever been in a situation where you've said this? Perhaps it was when you were learning something new. Have you ever felt like you were thrown straight into the fire and had no training? I can't tell you how many times I've said this particular quote. Sometimes it's when I'm placed in a new job location that uses some of my previously learned skills. Other times, it's when I'm trying to make something. Even when it comes to my blog and YouTube channel I've said this. I've had periods where I'll start something then back off because I don't see the results I need. Then I'll take it from a new angle, hoping something will work. I also hope that I look like I know what I'm doing because I don't always know what I'm doing. Have you ever felt like that?

Sometimes the best outcomes have come from taking a chance and a leap of faith. When I started my blog and YouTube channel 4 years ago I never thought I would be able to say I'm a blogger and a YouTuber with a Patreon page. All I have is a dream, a bunch of ideas and even more prayers to hit my goals. There's so much information nowadays on how to have a blog or a YouTube channel or a Patreon page and more. Yet there's no clear set of rules to follow. Sure there's the community rules set forth by the main website's owners of what the content can be, but there's no one way to make it. You just pick a topic that you know, make a plan and dive right in and hope it all works out. If it works great, if not look for a new angle and try again and hope you know what you're doing.

Until next time, Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment