Sunday, May 24, 2020

Day 142: I gotta admit. I can't put my foot on it right now, but if I just stand here long enough-- Scuttle

I gotta admit. I can't put my foot on it right now, but if I just stand here long enough.-- Scuttle, The Little Mermaid

This funny gem comes to us when Scuttle is trying to figure out what's diffrent about Ariel when he sees her later in the movie. Little does he know he's figured it out but well as he says he can't put his foot on it.

Have you ever been asked to notice something diffrent? Perhaps you've been somewhere and it doesn't quite look the same as you remember. Have you ever seen an old friend who you haven't seen in years? Did they stay the same or did they look or feel like they've changed?  Has someone ever told you this about you? Have they noticed a change in you that no one can figure out until they told you? Perhaps someone asked for your opinion on something. Have you ever had a thought but couldn't fully complete it. Maybe you've had a thought and were trying to tell it to someone but lost your train of thought while speaking.  Did you ever say a line something like Scuttle?

I gotta admit when I hear this line, I laugh every time because it is such a punny funny line. It's one of those lines where you have to do a double take to get the full effect. Scuttle's standing and trying to figure Ariel. Unfortunately for him, or rather fortunately, Sebastian ruins the moment and tells him what's diffrent about her. I've said something like this on more than one occasion. Most recently I've had to say it more and more because some of these quotes really get to me. I know I want to write about them, but I don't always know what to write about. I"m drawn to them for a certain reason. In doing so, it does sometimes put my DisneyQuotes365 project on hold until I get it unlocked as to why I chose it and how it can be relateable. Sometimes I'll start writing about it in one way, but then I'll end up getting stuck and end up stepping away. Then when I reread what I had originally written and chosen, it ends up becoming clear  how I need to write it. Sometimes that means scrapping the whole post, other times it means just tweaking here or there. Once I've got my foothold and take off, there's no stopping.

So until next time, Keep Cooking with Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment